Saturday 13 August 2011

Kids Rule

Good Morning! (Oh, it has been a week of very early mornings).

My week as an EFY camp counsellor is over, and it's time to go back to life as usual.  It might just be the sleep deprivation talking, but I already kinda miss all of my kids!  Even though it was an exhausting week, I learned a lot about myself, and what I want to do with my life.
I'm very excited.  I had the opportunity to lead a group of 16-18 year old youth, and I love, love, loved working with them and teaching them!  After I finish my nursing degree, I have been thinking about pursuing an education degree so that I can teach Health and Wellness in high school.  After this week, I am  positive that this is what I want to do!  So today I set a new goal: get my teaching certification.  I love having goals that are really motivating!

In other good news, its yoga challenge day 13!  And despite my hectic week of chasing kids around the UofC campus, I was able to fit in a little yoga practice everyday :)  Even if its only 10 minutes long, a little practice is the perfect way to clear your mind, refocus and energize your muscles - Yoga for the win!

So here's to day 13!  I'm looking forward to a 45 minute Dave Farmer download after I finish unpacking and devouring my protein rolls!
These were inspired by one of my favorite childhood memories: the Tootsie Roll!
Okay, I know they don't look very appetizing...but I promise you they are chocolaty, chewy goodness!
Protein Tootsie Rolls
2 T. peanut butter (or almond butter)
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
2 T. oat bran
1 tsp. cocoa powder
2-3 T. water
1 T. ground flaxseed
1 T. chopped peanuts (or almonds)

In a food processor, combine nut butter, protein powder, oat bran and cocoa powder. Pulse until nut butter is incorporated.  Add the water one tablespoon at a time until mixture looks like cookie dough.  Divide into 6 portions and roll out each on into a log. Mix together the flaxseed and chopped nuts.  Roll each log in the mixture. Wrap each roll in wax paper and refrigerate until you're ready to snack!
Each roll contains 5g of protein.
And tastes like a Tootsie Roll!



No comments:

Post a Comment