Saturday 6 August 2011

A Saturday in August

Good Morning!

Made even better by...
Oats!  Almond-Vanilla Cookie Dough Oats of course.  In the mix: 1/3 c. oats, 1 T. chia seeds, 1/4 tsp. almond extract, 1/4 vanilla extract, 1/2 c. vanilla soy milk, sprinkle of stevia and a big scoop of almond butter on top.

The past few days have been...weird.  I've been trying to do so much, but feel like I haven't accomplished anything!  (Go to work, come home, eat, sleep, repeat?)  I feel like I am making zero progress with all my goals.  Time for a new time management strategy...
  
Anyways, I have however managed to keep up with the yoga challenge :) welcome to day 6!  My legs are definitely feeling it this morning!  I had a wonderful home practice yesterday night doing this yogadownload on my living room floor.  It was a super twisty detox routine that made my spine cry out with pleasure.  It was so energizing, and after sinking deep into one of my all time favorite poses - eagle pose - for an extra 2 minutes I felt incredibly balanced and flexible.  Oh! And as for the meditation, personal best still remains at 5 minutes.  But its getting better!  I've noticed that taking this short, short period of time out of my day to focus and examine myself has really helped calm my mind and redirect my thinking.  At least my inner yogi is making progress.

Now that I have devoured my oats, Saturday can begin!  
This afternoon I have a training session for my EFY counsellor experience next week!  Other than that, I'm not working today so I have resolved to make today productive.  On the agenda: prep for EFY, do some writing, do some shopping, do some yoga and read my book (so good so far)!
Totally productive :)
Dear August, I will miss you when you're gone.

Try this:
Answer these questions.  They are HARD.  But sometimes asking the right question can be the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment