Saturday 8 October 2011

It's my favorite month!

It's October! 
...well it has been for 8 days actually, but I'm a little slow (still working on becoming a more dedicated blogger). Regardless I'm still VERY excited about this!
I looove October!
Always have, always will.
Reasons why:
1) The Weather
Even though I live in Calgary, it is still absolutely beautiful! I love feeling the brisk morning air on my face and seeing my breath cool in the air as I crunch through piles of fallen leaves. As corny as that sounded, I don't care...it makes me incredibly happy!
 2) Thanksgiving and Halloween
Turkey, pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes, cranberries, m&ms, reese's peanut butter cups, candy corn and sweedish berries. Enough said.
3) Pumpkins!
Nature's greatest creation! I cannot even tell you how much pumpkin I have consumed in the past week. Mostly in the form of pumpkin oatmeal and this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Loaf. Besides eating them, I just like to look at them.
It's starting to sound like I have a weird pumpkin fetish. I don't. I just really appreciate their existence okay?!
4) Running outside
Now that I have made my official return to running, I am LOVING outdoor runs! The air is perfect, cool and smells crazy good! (rotting leaves?) I have always found running outside to be more challenging, but I've mapped out a few beautiful routes and I have been finding the fall scenery super inspiring!
5) The semester is halfway over
Thank the good Lord.

Also I found a new great blog that I am loving following! Check out www.hungryrunnergirl.com, I've found it very inspiring and Janae, girl you're hilarious! Right now she's giving away a sweet pair of runners so make sure to enter her shoe give away!
Hope you're having a great October :)

No comments:

Post a Comment