Wednesday 29 June 2011

Wednesday whatday?!

So turns out I didn't have to go into work at Anthro today (despite my need for $$$ I was not about to start complaining!) My face is still all throbby, and I feel like the blue-yellowish puffiness makes people uncomfortable...

So I baked. Today was definitely a day that needed cookies.  Lots of cookies.

I threw together a giant batch of SCM cookies!  These vegan "Super-Charge Me" cookies from Eat, Drink and be Vegan are the BEST.  Seriously, thank you Dreena Burton, these super healthy and delicious cookies never fail me!

I changed up the original recipe a little, here's what I came up with today:

1 c. oats
2/3 c. spelt flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 T. unsweetened coconut
1/3 c. chopped dried apricots
1 tsp. baking powder

2 T. ground flaxseeds
2 T. agave syrup
2 T. almond butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 T. hemp milk

Mix the oats, spelt flour, salt, cinnamon, coconut, apricots and baking powder together in a bowl.

In a separate bowl, mix together the ground flaxseeds, agave syrup, almond butter, vanilla and hemp milk.  Stir until well combined.

Pour the wet mixture into the oat mixture and stir until a delicious dough forms (dough > actual cookie).  You might need to add a little more hemp milk if the mixture is too dry!

Shape the dough into 10-11 big cookies, and place them about 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.  Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes, until just slightly brown on the bottoms (trust me, you want them to stay nice and chewy!)

Remove cookies from cookie sheet.....



and then eat like 5 of them (hey, they're healthy!)....while watching Wimbledon quarterfinals...and icing your swollen face.

A successful day off!  Also including a solid bike ride, and now off to a fundraiser for my sister's Ethiopia trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment