Monday 27 June 2011

Hello!

Hey guys!

Hello and welcome to my blog!  My name is Rachel, and I am committed to living as naturally and healthfully as possible.  I truly believe that taking a holistic, natural approach to eating will result in a longer life filled with more energy, health and happiness!  Through this blog I hope to be able to offer inspiration for achieving all of those things!

First, here's a little backstory for you...

I am 21 years old.  I live in Calgary, AB, Canada (I'm a misplaced sun worshiper; staying warm is a daily struggle).  I am attending the University of Calgary and will graduate shortly with my Bachelors of Nursing!  I am also working on becoming a certified Nutritional Consultant with the AFPA (American Fitness Professionals Association) and I hope to have this completed, along with my personal trainer certification by August 2012.  That is my goal right now at least!

I have always been super interested in health and wellness (hence the degree in nursing), however I have come to realize that my real passion lies in fitness and nutrition, and in teaching others how to improve their own health.  I have learned a lot over the past few years as I have dealt with some personal health set backs.  But I'm back now, and excited to share what I have learned!

I am a lover of yoga, running, biking and hiking!  I do these things because I love love love them, staying fit and feeling GOOD are added bonuses!  I've learned however that it is possible to overdo it (especially with a God-gifted high metabolism), and that your body needs lots and lots of good food for fuel!

This blog is going to be my personal journal centered on exercise, food, nutrition and health.  I hope to gather and share recipes, information and tips on healthy living.  I'm not advocating any sort of diet or crediting myself as a nutritionist/trainer.  I wish to inspire wellness, and keep track of myself as I work towards my fitness, health and career related goals!

Also, I love to write and I'm hoping this blog will help improve my style and ability!  

Cheers and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment